There are a lot of albums coming out in the next month that I am anxiously awaiting.
1) Hello...X - Tristan Prettyman
If you don't know who she is, check her out. You used to be able to listen to the whole album compliments of Virgin Records website. I first saw Tristan singing alone on stage with her acoustic guitar at VEISHEA in Ames last year. It was the middle of the night, and she was amazing. I downloaded her first cd, 23, from iTunes when I got back to my apartment that very night and listened to nothing but for weeks. My favorite song by her is "Love love love" from the first album, but on her new album, the songs "Madly" and "You got me" are really rad. She's got a really sultry voice that she uses really well. And her duet with G. Love "Beautiful" is a great song as well.
This album came out today. I went to the Target at home, and they didn't have it. I took off toward Milwaukee and stopped at the first Best Buy off the highway after 10 a.m. They only had a single copy in the spot where I found it. Hope they have more somewhere else; everyone should be listening to her.
2) Bittersweet World - Ashlee Simpson
Next week. With her recent engagement and the pregnancy rumors abounding, she's got a lot going on in this week leading up to the release of her third album. I didn't really dig the first single from the disc "Outta my head," but I'm nothing if not a loyal fan. I really love her first cd and the first half of her second, so maybe this will be the disc that I will love the second half of. I also really miss her show on MTV.
3) ?? - The Weepies
Next week. I don't have any of their music with the exception of two songs: "World spins madly on" and "Gotta have you," both of which are beautifully done. So I'm going to buy this album sight un-heard and hope for at least one tune as masterful as those two.
4) NARROW STAIRCASE - DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE
I don't even have words to say how excited I am for this album after they released the single "I will possess your heart." It's a creepy, dark song, but so incredibly well crafted. I want to use the word lovely, but I won't after reading an article Ben Gibbard wrote for Paste magazine that talks about how the song it about a stalker. Also, I'm thrilled because I finally bought tickets to go to a concert! June 2nd in Minneapolis. I am going with one friend and have two more who are also going to the show. The new album will be out for about two weeks before the show (it drops May 13), so just enough time to familiarize myself with the new tunes beforehand.
And that is my musical landscape for the next month. Anyone else know of any good, upcoming albums that I should be on the look out for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm trying to think of any good albums that I know of coming up, but I'm drawing a blank! Well, besides the deathcab album of course. Mates of State has a new one coming out soon, do you like them?
Post a Comment