This evening I had extended plans to hang out with a friend whom I had to, and really didn't want to, say good-bye to. For awhile at least. But several things make me feel better about this situation.
1) There have been periods during my relationship with this particular friend where we have not only not been in the same general area but really haven't even talked for months on end. We'll do better with the talking this time, I'm sure, but even if we don't, I am not at all worried that we won't be able to pick up right where we left off once she is back.
2) What a great night. We ate too much delicious food, drank a little tequila in the form of margaritas (which I do know how to spell...), played some guitar which ended in me learning some new chords, and then just chatted and acted little silly weirdos for a while. Which we are, so it was all good.
3) Even those great things left me feeling a little bummed when I left her house about an hour ago, though. I was in my car, listening to some age inappropriate music, when I saw something really cool. First, I want to explain that I was in a pretty densely populated residential area. I mean, the houses are spread apart with really nice-sized yards, but there are still a lot of houses. And I was only a few miles away from the interstate, so not exactly country (or really even close). But I turned the corner, and there in the middle of the road was a deer. And another. And two more! There were four deer in the road, just chilling out (literally as the temperatures tonight are definitely below zero with the wind chill), until they bounded off over the large banks of snow lining the side of the street. I wonder if they were some kind of deer gang looking for some trouble? They did run off pretty quick.
But that, and the brightness of the moon, and the prettiness of the white snow in the semi-dark made me feel better. As did knowing that I now have a mix on my iTunes made up exclusively of songs that make me think of this particular friend, which I plan to listen to whenever I miss her (so pretty much a lot).
love love love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
awe, Molly! I love you, I'll be seeing you sooner than you know it
Good bye to our friend... what a nice little lady she is :) Glad you guys got to have such a nice farewell party together!
Post a Comment