I'm borrowing the title for this blog from a Raymond Carver story. And what I'm really doing is blatantly ripping it off. "What We Talk About When We Talk About Love" is a story that I read as an undergrad and is concerned in high regard by those interested in the contemporary literary cannon. I, however, do not remember what it is about. I just remember that the title picked me up and threw me back against the wall before roughing me up a little. It was a fantastic experience, finding a title that could knock me around.
So now, that's what I'm doing. Trying to find the words that might pick someone up and shake them around a bit. Not necessarily here. I'm not all that certain that I can move people through this particular media in the same ways some of my friends certainly can. But I've somehow (perfectly) become someone who throws words onto blank pages for a living. And that thrills me, excites me, sometimes has me singing in the shower or the car or dancing without music. But mostly, it's scary.
If we know each other well, you know I've always been about confronting my fears.
So this is meant as a little hello. And a study break. So hello. I don't know what is going to happen in this blog quite yet, but I have many reasons to believe that whatever it is, it will be fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi! I can't sleep so I was excited to see you started one too. I do like your title :)
Molly, your blog is going to be awesome. I can already tell your words are going to shake me plenty. So hello to you too, and welcome to the blogosphere! (Ugh, I don't like that word!)
Post a Comment