Saturday, March 22, 2008

Pie

Last night I began the in-person segment of what is already an award-winning friendship. While I ate a piece of banana cream pie and my new friend ate a piece of peanut butter silk, we talked. We discussed how we each know our one mutual friend (who was somehow totally there with us even though she is really thousands of miles away), our schooling, books, art. We talked about Full House and the Baby-Sitters Club (we both liked Dawn best, though my friend wavered back and forth between Dawn and Claudia sometimes). We laughed and laughed.

So this relationship originally blossomed online. Through blogs and emails and facebook messages, this friend and I have already agreed not to be easy on each other and just accept each other's arguments without a fight. We have agreed to call each other's bulls**t and talk about the important things that really matter in life instead of focusing on the minor stuff that it is all too easy to get swept up in.

And have fun. I also think we have agreed to have fun with one another. So this message is to celebrate the beginning of this friendship. (Friend who wasn't physically there but really was, you were like the pie on our plates--delicious and gone too soon!)

It's an interesting experience, already having agreed on so much before really starting the face-to-face relationship.

I mentioned the other day that I am keeping secret something that made me feel pretty. Remember that, and also remember the interesting experience discussed in the previous paragraph. Explanation to follow shortly...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

This makes me so happy. Being there in spirit was cool, but I think I prefer in person

Bea said...

Pie! Our friendship rocks, Molly. I'm saving my mutual-friend-as-pie-blog for Monday, I think, but stay tuned, both of you (as if mutual-friend-as-pie knows what she is staying tuned for). And as far as other this other secret of yours that we are staying tuned for, I can't wait to hear/read more!