One of the times my phone rang tonight, the caller id was unavailable. I pretend like I don't normally answer those calls, but I really do nearly every time. Tonight, the call was a from a boy I hung out with over the summer. That's how he tells it to one of my friends he met recently, at least. That makes it sound like we hung out more than a single time before he called me up and basically dumped me before we were even having a relationship. ("This is a really bad time for me to be in a relationship, and I think you are really cool but I just want us to be on the same page...blah, blah, blah.")
But so it was him. And he maybe wants to hang out with me while I am visiting the town I lived in while I knew him. But I think his real reason for calling is because he knows just how awesome I really am. In all truthfulness, though, he did seem pretty concerned that I know he didn't mean to ignore me or for us to lose touch over the last five months, but he just got caught up. And he thinks I am cool, and he had a lot of fun the day we spent together over the summer, and he turned twenty-nine yesterday so he is mature and will tell me how it really is instead of playing games.
As if turning twenty-nine magically turns you into a mature person. I'm twenty-five and pretty darn mature; I know plenty of people older than twenty-nine who haven't been called mature a single time in their lives.
But really, the point is that I was happy to hear from him. He apologized to the point that I was starting to feel uncomfortable, and he seemed genuinely worried that I don't think badly of him (which I don't) or think that he thinks badly of me (which I also don't).
Mostly, this telephone call restored a little bit of my hope. It's been hard for me when it comes to guys lately, with most of the ones I know falling into the category of people who let me down. Not that I am expecting anything from this guy beyond friendship.
It certainly wouldn't hurt, though, to have a little fun on my vacation. There is also a second thing that happened today that really made me feel pretty. But I'm going to keep that one a secret for a little while longer at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the second thing that happened: you looked into a mirror. Am I right?
You are really pretty :)
Post a Comment