Demetri Martin, who might just be one of the five funniest people in the history of the world, has a joke about squirrels. Something a long the lines of: "Squirrels and people are very different. You won't find many people who argue otherwise. But I've found that there is one time in my life when they are pretty similar. When I am driving towards them in my car. Especially if the human is hairy." Now that is one of his less funny jokes. If you are looking for sheer comedic genius, check out what he has to say about romance or grapes. Or cacti.
But today the joke occured to me when I was shopping with a friend and telling her about this blog. Immediately after telling her to check it out, I realized the shapes printed on a pair of panties on the shelf in front of me were in fact a rabbit pulling a squirrel in a wagon. Pretty funny stuff. When I pointed the underpants out to her, she asked, "Oh, so your blog is about squirrels?"
Ha! No, but it certainly could be! So this post is mostly for her, but is also to maybe get some people to go and check out Demetri Martin. Youtube (especially if you search "Trendspotting," the segment Demetri Martin did/does on the Daily Show) it. And be nice to squirrels. They have cute tails and funny twitchy little bodies. That's the definition of cool in my book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I miss squirrels.
I love demetri.
Write more!!!
Post a Comment